The Game of Life
The Game of Life is very important topic. Maybe you have been a coach to a neighborhood team? I understand how it feels the very first time I have coached a team of seven-year-old sports kids and how much they can really test my patience, not forgetting sanity as they run around kicking the ball like ants to a huge, white crumb. It seems strange at first, having to be stared at by a couple of kids who they will know that I am not the one in the field. Sounds completely wrong in a sense, right? But what is the dead about coaching?
Coaching is all about being a, well, ‘coach’ in the corporate world of handlers, front-liners as well as a couple of benchwarmers biding their time to be given a chance to perform. I know how which can feel when I go back to my regular day job. Some players are just MVP material, and several of them are just to assist the MVP’s so why bother sticking around? This might sound ironic when they say ‘there is no I in team’, but the actual underachievers can be sore losers as well.
These are generally steps that can be done within the day, and no matter what, it takes determination to be a coach.
1. There is a WHOLE lot of talk nowadays about Corporate Team Building. There are lots of, many options: vacation packages, rope courses, on-going office games, ice-breakers, etc. Management may also purchase videos, books, and seminar packages to assist them in building up their organization into a team worthy of belonging. A little later I will give you some ideas of where you can go for information on these team-building tools.
2. The truth about enthusiasm is waiting to be grasped! It really is ripe and ready for you to put into action today. Shouldn’t settle for mind-numbing gibberish. Get practical in 3 small ways to begin looking forward to your alarm clock sounding off each morning before you huddle with the team.
3. Experience is the greatest thing despite of what course you graduated in. There are some things about being a people person who knows how to stir the energetic side of one individual, and more then when you mix it up with an entire team.
4. To question a person by his or her performance is sometimes necessary, but never question their knowledge or their intelligence. Sadly, I have seen a few faults from past coaches who never seem to understand what a player has to go through to get the job right. It will lead to further aggravation and perhaps even hostility. If you would like the job done right, then go do-it-yourself. You’ll see how it is to be at the receiving end and it will assist your set a much better course for improvement.
5. Sending a player to the bench is just about the worse experience a coach has to go through, especially if your player is the top player. In dealing with this kind of person, see to it that he spills his guts voluntarily. Egotism in a performer tends to make them lose their focus on the particular smallest mistakes, then you can certainly catch him or her red handed. Be firm, but understanding about it.
6. Do not let your position to blind you from what you are supposed to do. Even coaches are human enough to consider that they are far more superior, but only by rank. Even when you have been in their shoes when you were their age, that it is better to dole out a piece of wisdom in order for them to understand that this will be for their own benefit.
7. Finally, you should learn to believe in yourself and your team. Choices and performance are primarily your goals, and there are most of them to see if they could perform the task much more successfully. So before you concentrate on sending one member to the bench, have a good chat with him or her and see if they have any problems. If it is too personal, then just encourage them to do their best and in addition it helps to give them a good, encouraging slap on the back.
I guess there is all there is to it. Being a corporate drone myself, I know how important it is for a company to be successful, and all of us are part of that success. Coaches are there not to make your work a little difficult simply because you have either an attitude problem or not much a performer, but they may the guides who will help you perform as hard as you can possibly can. You will do them proud one of these days, as well as you.
Always try to win The Game of Life. if you pass The Game of Life then you can win your everything. Actually The Game of Life is the best thing .